TRUFFLED MUSHROOM RAGU
Recreate our bestselling Truffled Mushroom Ragu from our Risotto and Arancini Masterclass. This is a delicious sauce to add to pasta, risotto, and arancini. It even goes beautifully on a toasted panino. Want Chef Carmelo’s tips and tricks for creating the perfect truffled mushroom ragu? Join us for a hands-on cooking masterclass in our pasta lab.
- 100g swiss brown mushroom, sliced
- 200g button mushroom, sliced
- 100g enoki mushrooms, chopped into 4
- 100g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 30g dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in 500ml warm water – strained & diced (keep water)
- 30g truffle paste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 hand size sticks of rosemary
- 5 sprigs thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 100ml olive oil
How to make
In a large pan, heat oil well. Add crushed garlic & herbs. As they start to colour, add all the mushrooms and stir until they start wilting. Season with salt & pepper.
Cook for a further 5 minutes on low heat. Remove from stove, remove garlic & herbs.
Stir in truffle paste.
To make a mushroom risotto: See our basic risotto recipe. 5 minutes into step 4, add the mushroom ragu. Use the porcini mushroom stock (water) and if more stock is required, use vegetable stock. Serve risotto and enjoy!